The following information relates to our iOS app 'The Amazing Adventures of Millie Moreorless', which we have designed as a child friendly space.
We understand how important it is to protect your privacy and keep your child safe online. We are familiar with the best practices specified by the Child Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and follow the ‘Know What’s Inside’ checklist to make sure our app is safe for children. We are clear about what is inside our app.
What is inside 'The Amazing Adventures of Millie Moreorless'?
– No in-app purchases
– No third-party advertising
– No social media integration
– No collection or sharing of personal information
Please note that while the app can be played offline, and requires no internet connection to function, the parent page within the app does link to a live page on our website. For this reason we have placed a parental gate blocking access to this area of the app for children. The parent page is not accessible when your iPad is offline.
We do not collect any personal information from people using our app, nor do we use analytics to collect anonymous data from this app.
In the past, we collected some anonymous data to help us understand how our app was and wasn’t working, and to improve it. We still hold a small amount of this information for our records of how well Millie Moreorless was received on launch.
For your information, the details of this were as follows:
We DID NOT collect personal information such as your name, phone number, email address, your city, photos or anything else that would identify you.
The anonymous information we DID collect included:
- The model of device you were using & which version of the operating system it was running
- Your country (so we knew which languages were most useful)
- Crash reports (so we could figure out what the problem was and fix it)
- How long the app had been used for and how often (so we could judge how engaging it was over time)
- Which features and areas in the game were most popular (so we could build more of these into our designs!)
This information was collected into general statistics on the use of our app, and was never available to us on an individual basis.
We used a restricted version of Flurry Analytics to collect this data, which is designed specifically for use with children's apps. The anonymous data was stored securely, was not shared with anyone other than us, and was used only by us to record usage of our app towards improving it.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org