As of last year, Enabling Play has been effectively dormant, and as such we are no longer actively collecting personal data or sending out newsletters. You can still get in touch with us via email, in which case we will treat the personal data you then choose to provide to us as below while managing our communication with you.
This update outlines how we treat the personal data you give us, in line with GDPR, and on the basis of consent.
We are storing in a secure manner some personal data as necessary for our records, some of which we are legally required to keep for seven years. We are reviewing and deleting or anonymising any personal data that is no longer needed.
If you would like to know what data we hold on you, update it or request to have it deleted, please get in touch with us at email@example.com. For more information on your rights as outlined by the GDPR, please visit the ICO's page here.
Website & Cookies
We are continuing to run our website, which is hosted by Squarespace, for the benefit of those who would like to know more about our work. We are not using any third party services to collect analytics on use of our website. We have disabled Squarepace's Activity Log, so we don’t collect or see your IP address or other personal data when you visit our site. We have also disabled Squarespace's Analytics Cookies so that these will not be placed on your browser.
Please see below for more information on cookies generally, and how to delete and/ or block them from your computer.
Please note that if you follow any links on our website to other, external sites they will have their own privacy policies for which we cannot be held responsible. We encourage you to read these carefully before submitting personal data.
PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
ENABLING PLAY LIMITED (“Enabling Play”, "We", “us” or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.enablingplay.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Enabling Play Limited, Avebury House, 6 St. Peter Street, Winchester, SO23 8BN.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us: You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.enablingplay.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by e-mail, telephone or otherwise. This includes information you provide to us through our site. The information you give us may include:
· your name, e-mail address and any other details that you may provide when you contact us using the online form on our site
· Your name and email address when you sign up to our newsletter via our site
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any third party website services to interact with our website, for example Facebook or Twitter. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may use analytics to collect and store anonymous statistical data about our users’ visits to our site.
We may also collect information about your computer, mobile phone (or other portable or static device used to access our site) and your visit to our site, including where available your IP address, operating system, session_id, login, screen name and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our partners and if necessary our advertisers.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file and/or similar tools which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive to report back anonymous data to us. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Generally, cookies may be used to enable us:
· To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
· To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests and provide a more personalised experience to you.
· To speed up your searches.
· To recognise you when you return to our site.
Some third party cookies are set by services that appear on our site. They are set by the operators of that service and are not in our control. They are set by Twitter, Facebook and other third party services and relate to the ability of users to share content on our site.
If you want to learn more about cookies you can do so at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
· to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
· to notify you about changes to our services;
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
· to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
· as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
· to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
· to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
· Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
· Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If Enabling Play Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property of Enabling Play Limited, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff or computer servers operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy and cookies policy.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will not process your personal data for marketing purposes nor will we disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. We will only use your personal data to provide you with our newsletter where you have requested this via our site, and/or to reply to your queries that you have submitted to us through our site. If you have any further queries about how we process your personal data you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Our site is intended for and directed at the United Kingdom. No representation or warranty is made as to whether site complies with the laws of any other country.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Please note that our site and the service available on it are not aimed at Minors, and you should not share any personal information with us if you are a Minor (the age of Minors is determined by local laws where you reside).
You should not use our site if you are 13 years of age, or younger.
Changes to our privacy and cookies policy
Any changes we may make to our Privacy and Cookies policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy and Cookies policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.
Last updated May 2018.